You can't know the jolt that shoots through your system when you read those words, 'You've Been Tagged' unless you've actually been tagged.
I wasn't even back home from my trip to the ACFW conference when Margaret Daley sent me an email telling me the good news. Except I didn't know what it meant. Sure, I've read other people being tagged over the last 18 months I've read the blogs and joined http://www.eharlequin.com/ but I'd never been tagged so I never cared.
Once I became IT, I went to Margaret's site at http://margaretdaley.blogspot.com/ to see what it was all about. Hmmm. It didn't look too bad. I noticed she also tagged Debby Giusti at Craftie Ladies of Suspense which is another of my favourite blogs, so I went to http://ladiesofsuspense.blogspot.com/2008/10/ive-been-tagged.html and checked it out.
I think I get the picture. Hopefully by the time I finish this post, I'll have picked out 6 people who will be thrilled to get tagged. I see that Debby turned around and tagged Cheryl Wyatt at www.scrollsquirrel.blogspot.com/ even though Margaret had already tagged her.
Can she do that? I didn't read that in the rules. Who made up these rules, anyway? Where's the website with all the rules for tagging. And the referee. There's gotta be a ref, right?
So I can't confirm the rules right now, but since both Margaret and Debby list them as such, I will as well:
Here, then, are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know when he or she has been tagged.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
So, according to the rules, I've already done #1 & 2.
You really want me to do #3?
Okay, so 6 random things about myself:
1. I prefer 7-Eleven coffee/capuccinos to Tim Horton's (can you see the Canadian jaws dropping...that's like saying you prefer McDonald's coffee to Starbuck's!)
2. I tell my kids to pick up their stuff from the floor or sofa while my own pile of 'stuff' stays in plain sight...because mine's more important. (Yes, I'm working on this.)
3. I can't abide squished bread.
4. My hubby does my laundry.
5. My pockets usually contain rocks from my walks and yes, hubby's the one to find them because...well...see #4.
6. I think the sweetest sound on earth is a voice raised in praise and worship.
Well, that wasn't too hard. What's next...tag 6 people...yikes. Okeedokee...I tag:
1. Vicki Bylin http://victoriabylin.blogspot.com/ (Harlequin Historical - Magic of Christmas anthology in stores now)
2. Cheryl St. John http://cherylstjohn.blogspot.com/ (Harlequin Historical - Magic of Christmas anthology in stores now)
3. Linda Ford http://lindaford.org/blog/ (LI Historical - The Journey Home)
4. Barbara Phinney http://barbphinney.blogspot.com/ (LI Suspense - Deadly Homecoming)
5. Donna Alward http://www.donnaalward.blogspot.com/ (Harlequin Romance - The Rancher's Runaway Princess)
6. Amy Andrews http://www.amyandrews.com.au/index.htm (Harlequin Medical - Top-Notch Surgeon, Pregnant Nurse)