Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day 5 – Book in a Week

So finally, after 4 productive days of writing, LIFE got in my way.

I awoke with my fingers itching to get at my story – but I made the mistake of checking my inbox and yes, there were 3 emails that required answers.

With that out of the way, I opened my word doc for Translucent Trust – and my iPod Touch chimed. It was time to leave for an appt.

I arrived back home near noon, checked my email and some blogs while eating my veggies, read what I wrote yesterday – and my iPod Touch reminded me I still had to write Thursday’s post for the Prairie Chicks Write Romance blog.

After writing, revising and tweaking my post entitled Trolling for an Agent? – my iPod Touch said it was time to pick up the kids from school and head into the city for a music lesson.

It was 9:30 pm when we arrived back home. I left the teen to put away the groceries and zipped over to my writing corner where I flicked my laptop off power saver and – I wrote. Ahh. What a relief. By the time midnight crept up, my word count stood at 1235 for the day. Peanuts compared to the previous 4 days, but man, did it feel good.

The jury is still out on whether the iPod Touch I received for Christmas will be able to handle the workload. Or, will it accidently get smashed against a wall for its efficiency. Only time will tell.

How do you manage your time? Do you use your computer calendar? A timer? An iPod or similar device like mine? Please tell me I’m not the only one with these kinds of days. Come on, talk to me...

2 comments:

  1. I vote for the accidental smashing, personally.

    How do I handle it? I usually end up growling at anyone close enough to get in my way.

    It is one of the biggest challenges - try to write and run a family at the same time, and as wives and mothers that's exactly what we do. All things considered, you got a lot done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Donna, it was said tongue-in-cheek but the truth is I've been known to throw things when I get angry. I don't like it and I try very hard to curb it, but...

    I did get a lot done, didn't I?

    But then, if you can do it, so can I. You are an excellent role model. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Come on, tell me what you think...