Thursday, September 10, 2009

Do You Hanker for a Golden Heart?

I do, I do!

Of course I'm talking about none other than that most prestigious of romance writing contests, the Golden Heart.

Actually, it would be nice to win any of the romance contests, but the Golden Heart . . .ah, that's something to dream about. Approx 1,000 snail mailed entries will be sent to Houston, TX in the next 3 months as unpubbed writers like myself find the courage to assume we have the right stuff to be published. It's like standing with my hand up and shouting, 'Pick me! I'm ready, I know I am.'

It's a long road to the award ceremony which is held at the RWA convention every July. And unlike most awards, you don't receive a statuette for winning one of the 10 categories in the Golden Heart contest. Instead, you win a golden heart pendant like the one you see here. I think that's so practical. You can wear it anywhere and whip it out as proof that someone actually believed in you. How many writers have you seen lugging a RITA award around in their purse?

I'm blogging over at Prairie Chicks today about everything you every wanted to know about entering the Golden Heart contest.

You can join me there or sit here and share a cup of Tetley's Mango Passionfruit Acai Green Tea. Come on... talk to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, tell me what you think...