Friday, April 3, 2009

My Week in Pics

Here's a pictorical post of some of my encounters this past week.

I've blogged about my trip up to Saskatoon last Sat for my mtg with the Sask Rom Writers.

Well, half way there I took these pics of someone building farm buildings made from the abundance of flax straw. Here's the house in the foreground with some type of barn or outbuilding in the back...

...and here they're putting up a couple more outbuildings. One might be a garage but I'm not sure what the other could be.

I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Hubby was working on Thurs evening so I ended up taking the boys to their guitar lesson.
This was taken at 7 pm in Grenfell, SK while we waited for a train to pass.

This is what I see as soon as I step out my door and turn right to the east.
We sometimes use this rooster clanger to summon everyone in. It's more decorative rather than practical since the clanger gives off a thud rather than a clang.

As you can see, still lots of snow here.

Another frost morning, taken on Tues right out my bedroom window.
I literally had to smush my ear against the window for this shot which looks east at the garage through the garden arch on the right.


This is the same photo but around 7 pm that evening with the western sunset splayed all over it.








I woke up yesterday morning to find frost covering just the tops of all the trees.
You're looking north at my sunroom.







I'll leave you with this shot of the barn.
With all the melting that's going on, the chickens are out and about the yard.
Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you at least cleaned off the ear print. Although, I suppose you could say it's a decorative frost. But if you really want to get creative, you could smoosh your ear all over the window in a cresent pattern to truly impress the neighbors.

    Excellent pictures, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I didn't even think about cleaning it off. Hmmm maybe thats why my pics out the back window look foggy lately. LOL

    Your crescent pattern reminds me of the footprints I used to leave at home - you know where you press the outside of your fist against the frost and add 5 little 'toes'. I had them going left and right up the window. The first time my mom seen it she shrieked. :)

    I'm glad you liked my pics. Thank you for telling me.

    ReplyDelete

Come on, tell me what you think...