Saturday, August 15, 2009

Tooth Abscess Hurts!

Since I blogged last Sat, I've had one of the worst weeks of my life. I thought I had a sinus infection and by Wed I was really feeling the effects. Friends were saying it was due to the black mold in the living room (my previous blog). And I was really worried.

Wed my face started swelling. The doctor was in on Thurs so I went to see him but by that time I could barely see out of my right eye. The right side of my face was bloated, hard and shiny. And the pain. It was comparable to childbirth!

Doc took one look at my face and said, 'Tooth abscess". He gave me a prescription for antibiotics and said to make a dental appt for Mon/Tues.

I started the antibiotics as soon as I received them but they didn't seem to take any effect until yesterday. Today, there's a distinct difference however my face is still hard and swollen in places. The tylenol seems to wear off a couple hours before I can take the next ones but I'm hanging in there.

My dental appt is for Monday afternoon so that's another 48 hrs for the swelling to reduce.

Needless to say, this is one time I will not be showing you a photo! We can't go scaring little kids on purpose, now can we.

Hopefully you're all having a better weekend than I am.

7 comments:

  1. Anita Mae. My gosh. I'm so sorry to hear about this. Nothing to fool around with so I'm glad you've got the antibiotics working for you.

    Is there any chance this affliction allows you to sit and be waited on?
    no I didn't think so.

    take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, Debra, I have been waited on hand and foot by my hubby and my youngest son. I'm truly blessed and God's timing has allowed this to happen on hubby's first 4 day weekend off in weeks. The last couple days I was in a pain filled stupor and they took care of everything including my meals. I couldn't have asked for better support.

    Thanks for the visit. Today is actually the first time I've felt good enough to be on the computer since Wed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Anita,

    I'll be praying for you and the dentist to be able to have a quick fix and less painful recovery for you. Rapid healing as well.

    I was wondering why your posting was off - you're usually so consistent. Kudos to your wonderful husband and son for giving you royal treatment.

    I'll keep you in my prayers and I hope this won't affect your writing productivity either.

    Blessings on you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Deb, I'll fill everyone in when I get some news. Hopefully tomorrow if the swelling's gone down enough.

    I appreciate the prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anita Mae I've got prairie Chicks on my calendar to blog but I can't find your email address to send the blog in.

    Can you email me?
    mary @ maryconnealy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Mary, I thought of you this morning before I went to dental but just sent an email now.

    I'm really looking forward to you guest blogging with the Chicks the Sat after this.

    And, I really appreciate that you came looking for me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debra, Deb, and everyone else who's been praying for me, my agony is mostly over. The tooth in question has been extracted and I'm my way to recovery. Thank you for holding me up.

    ReplyDelete

Come on, tell me what you think...