I know you’re all waiting with bated breath for this report so hang onto your chair because here it comes…
- Inkwell Inspirations, my new group block went online Aug 31st. It a group of Christian writers but the content isn't just about writing. It's about life. We're giving away daily prizes and then 2 grand prizes at the end of Oct - one for writers and one for readers. Leave a comment and throw your name in the hat.
- submitted When You Least Expect It to the Southern Heat contest
- worked on Silent Keeper. This book is going a lot slower than I wanted but at least it’s moving forward and I’m basically keeping to the plotting chart
- did not work on Marry Me Ma’am. I wanted to but trying to get ready for ACFW conference in Denver in Sept has taken precedence as well as getting Jessie ready for college. Oh yeah, and we can't forget the tear down in the living room (see below)
- because of the damage in the living room, my writing cave is still in the sunroom. I love it out there! Especially now that we've been getting gorgeous harvest weather. The ambiance from the quiet and trees really helps me write. And with school starting on Tues, I'll get more writing accomplished.
- Gave away a free book to someone who identified a phot0. I’m thinking of a new giveaway and will throw all names in a bucket for this one. Stay tuned.
- Rec’d a free Debbie Macomber book from eHarlequin for putting Debbie’s badge on this blog last June. Actually, Debbie is the keynote speaker at the ACFW conference this year and I’m thinking I might get her to autograph this book and then I’ll give it away here. Any interest in a contest here with an autographed Debbie Macomber book as a prize?
- haven’t done much reading lately. I have lots of books on the Sony 505 eReader which I’m test driving and must give back by the end of this month but I’m concentrating on my writing.
- Nelson drives Jessie to Calgary today to start classes. My baby is leaving us. :=(
- large 4'x5' hole still in wall between living room and kitchen. We’ve had one estimate done but insurance company wants another. Finally managed to corral an electrican to move the outlet which was sitting 4 inches from the broken water pipe, but haven’t got a plumber yet. So far black plumbing tape is keeping the water at bay when we have a bath. Did you hear that – a bath – shower is inoperative since we’re down to bare walls in the bathroom. Two shower curtains draped over the hole in the wall provides privacy. So far. Trust me, it’s a humbling experience. So far we’ve bought a new tub, picked out new carpeting for living room and hallway, and picked out new vinyl for bathroom. Just today hubby and I went into city to pick wallpaper for the wall where a 4'x4' section is open to bare boards. Took 2 trips to Home Depot because I couldn't decide. Finally picked one I'd always wanted but never dared because we knew we'd have to sell the house (military career). Since we'll be here on the farm for many years to come, I finally picked . Strange that hubby kept saying he didn't want to help choose but when I showed him this cranberry one, his eyes lit up and he said, "Yes!" :)
And that's what's happening at Draper's Acres these days.