Thursday, April 21, 2016

Wildlife Watching - Meadowlark and Butterfly





This edition of Battle of the Birds and other Wildlife shows images taken by Nelson and me on April 14, 2016.

My best photo of the day was this Milbert's Tortoiseshell Butterfly who rested on our front patio for awhile.


Milbert's Tortoiseshell Butterfly, Montmartre, SK, April 14, 2016.
Photo credit Anita Mae Draper


Next up is Nelson's Western Meadowlark in its most classic pose.


Western Meadowlark, Southeastern Saskatchewan, April 14, 2016. 
Photo Credit Nelson Draper

Nelson did such a good job with that photo, didn't he?

The Western Meadowlark is one of my favorite birds and since it has the reputation of being a storyteller, I've adopted it as the icon for my writing. You'll see the following header throughout my website, as well as displayed on the 5th of every month when I appear on the Heroes, Heroines, and History blog:


www.anitamaedraper.com header


I also used a photo of a Western Meadowlark on my Facebook header last year when I announced that one of my stories was a finalist for the 2015 Word Awards. However, as you can see, my photo doesn't compare in quality to the one Nelson took above.


2015 Facebook header for Anita Mae Draper


I hope you enjoyed these photos of Saskatchewan wildlife. More coming soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, tell me what you think...