Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day 3 NaNoWriMo Progress Report

Here's my Day 3 NaNoWriMo Progress Report:

Project: Revising & Adding to Emma’s Outlaw

Goal: Need 65000 words to finish (90K total)

Today's word count: 2458 quality words

First word: For

Last word: eggs.

Favorite line: It was one thing to be forced to sleep in a room with a strange man even if they were in separate beds but it would be a definite breach of propriety to speak to him.

Total Nano Words: 5837

Nano Goal: 9% done (should be at 10% today)

Treat: Dancing With the Stars Results Show


Overall, it's going good. However, I'm working at a much slower pace revising than I ever did drafting a novel during Nano. Will have to pick up the pace.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anita! Good for you, you are quite close to your target. I don't doubt you will be ahead of the game at some other stage, soon.

    I will spare you the details, but I had a setback (which I sort of described in my comments yesterday on Prairie Chicks). Briefly, I had one of those computer crisis moments of my own on the very first Nano day -- couldn't boot, had to wait for Monday to get help, so began writing longhand which is almost a foreign language to me. After I got my laptop back, it took me as long to transcribe as to write in the first place, but my current count is: 4,446 words, which is 8.9% (I also thought I'd be at 10% by now, but I'll get there soon if I quit this comment NOW)

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helena, you must be doing good because I also have 9%. :)

    And as for long hand - kudos to you for persevering in adversity.

    And don't forget that on Mary Balogh's website, she said she wrote her complete first novel in longhand at the kitchen table over a 3 month period.

    And look at Margaret Mitchell who wrote Gone with the Wind the same way.

    You, my dear, are following some great woman writers. Yay!

    Now that you're techno advanced, there is not reason not to forge ahead, is there?

    Thanks for keeping in touch.

    ReplyDelete

Come on, tell me what you think...