Monday, May 2, 2016

Wildlife Watch: Duck and Heron



Some days it's easy to pick the best image of the day from those taken by Nelson and myself, but April 16th was not one of those days.

Nelson had a neat duck shot and a great one of a prairie chicken, but his Great Blue Heron photo was really outstanding.


Great Blue Heron, Southeast Saskatchewan, Apr 16, 2016. Photo by Nelson Draper


My contribution to our little competition is this photo of a Northern Shoveler pair gaining altitude on take off.

Northern Shoveler, pair. Southeast Saskatchewan. Photo by Anita Mae Draper

Both water shots, both action shots, but it's hard to see my little ducks after looking at the large heron.

I wonder what we'll find in the next batch...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, tell me what you think...