Monday, August 9, 2010

Fascinating Interactive Art Display

While walking through the Minneapolis International Airport last week, I saw a very intriguing sight. A woman wearing a business suit and pulling a small computer bag suddenly hopped up and waved her arm in a wide arc. We were about 20 feet behind her and I saw her face light up in a fantastic grin as she glanced at what looked like a large whiteboard beside her. She then kept walking, barely breaking her stride.

My eyes latched onto the whiteboard and I saw a bunch of leaf-like images pull together into an umbrella shape. Within seconds, I realized it was an interactive art display. Intriguing.

And there wasn't just one, but several of these large whiteboards about ten feet apart.

Here's what happened when I told JJ to wave at it:















I don't know what kind of technology is used in this display, but it sure put smiles on a lot of faces.

:)

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE this!
    It reminds me of Chicago's "Bean."

    Blessings, dear one.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Patti. I googled 'chicago bean' and see what you mean. Awesome! This is the first time I've wanted to visit 'the windy city'. I haven't time right now to research the artist and see if he/she has other projects like this, but kudos for their creativity.

    And as I looked at the photos of people touching it, and putting their feet against it (amazing perspective), I wondered... how many people would it take to clean that bean? Is it a nightly job? Would they be called beaners? Can they say it's bean clean? LOL

    Yes, fascinating.

    Thanks, Patti.

    Anita Mae.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting! something to put a little smile on a traveler's face. I'll have to check out the Bean you and Patti are talking about.

    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Deb, it sure did.

    This also made me think of that European artist who makes those chalk drawings on sidewalks that seem so real people walk around them so they don't fall in. :D

    Anita Mae.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Anita Mae .... Nelson and JJ sure look excited! I'm sure they had a great time when they got there!

    M

    ReplyDelete

Come on, tell me what you think...