Saturday, April 25, 2009

It's Raining Cars among Other Things

Here are images taken last Friday on my trip down to North Dakota:

I didn't dally on this section of the highway because it looked like I just missed a car storm.

Either that or this guy thinks he can plant cars. From the looks of it, he wants a crop of the 50's or is it the 60's?


Okay, give the guy some glasses, would ya.

Found in North Dakota along the highway between Noonan and Crosby, this cement box has fascinated me for 2 yrs while I've tried to discover what it is. I've photographed it in all seasons and this is the first time I've seen water beneath it and realized it's a bridge of some sort. This time around, I also saw tracks gouged into the ground leading down to it.

I'm going to use it in my Prairie Juntion series as a haven for a runaway.


Coal mining along the highway between Estevan and the border.



What's left after the coal is retrieved. This is right beside the road south.



A few Canada geese mixed in with the Snow Geese.






Moose tracks.

Hubby has seen 5 moose in the area during his travels around our farm. There weren't any when we moved here 8 yrs ago.






Well, that's it for me.

What caught your eye this week? Tell me about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, tell me what you think...